DualShockers' Favorite Games of 2022 -- Mario's Top 10
As 2022 (thankfully) comes to a close, the DualShockers staff is coming together to share their personal favorite games throughout the year. Unlike our official Game of the Yr Awards, each of these lists is meant to reflect which games stood out personally to each of our staff members. Additionally, whatever game — not only 2022 releases — can be considered in each Top 10 List.
Hello DualShockers! I'one thousand and then excited to exist able to share with yous my top games of the year in the hellhole known every bit 2022. Thank God for video games this yr, considering with the globe in shutdown I managed to play so many new and classic games. Now hither are my Top 10 games of the twelvemonth!
Honorable Mentions: Five Dates, Metal Gear Solid 2 and iii, Resident Evil 4, v, and 7. Metallic GEEEEEARRRR.
10. The Solitaire Conspiracy
There are few games that but came at the right fourth dimension for me, and I didn't expect i of them to be a solitaire game. The Solitaire Conspiracy was exactly what I needed to help cope inside a pandemic. The presentation of the game, the music that scores it throughout, and the satisfaction yous go when completing a game is and so gratifying. As a massive fan of Mike Bithell's previous games like Thomas Was Alone and Subsurface Circular, it wasn't shocking that he would bring something interesting to solitaire that would entice me to play for hours well after I completed the campaign. Besides, I want to give a special shoutout to Greg Miller, who does a peachy job filling the role of Jim Ratio.
Marvel's Avengers | Vacation Content Trailer
Check outDualShockers' review ofThe Solitaire Conspiracy.
9. Astro's Playroom
Nostalgia is the drug that propels this short platformer to my listing, because it is filled to the brim with so many wonderful memories while being the perfect representation of what the future of PlayStation could look like. Every nook and cranny of the levels inAstro's Playroom is something from PlayStation'southward by, and it was a joy to seek them out around every corner. The platforming makes for fast action and fun traversal while instruction yous what the PS5'southward new controller (the DualSense) is capable of, leaving me wanting so many more than levels. Astro's Playroom left me craving so much more than for a continuation or a sequel, making this a must-play experience for people who love platformers.
Check outDualShockers' review ofAstro's Playroom.
8. Tell Me Why
While sadly this is not the Backstreet Boys video game I take been looking for all my life, Tell Me Why was the story-driven risk game that I needed to experience. Tyler and Alyson's story is a heartbreaking and beautiful thing about seeking the truth and the dangers that come up from it. This was one of the only games this year that I felt a romantic relationship was naturally coming together for several characters as the story moved along. Taking the part-time role of a trans character and living even for moments in their shoes made me connect with and empathise the pain–besides as the beloved–that can come from this type of feel. There's always a place for stories like this that let you to alive other people'southward experiences, and this is a must-play human tale.
Bank check outDualShockers' review ofTell Me Why.
vii. Fauna Crossing: New Horizons
Talk about a beautiful lark; Creature Crossing gets its day in the lord's day on my list considering 2022 was an awful place to exist. New Horizons immune me to go out into the sun and explore the globe while I was trapped in my house to avoid a potentially fatal virus. I know I'm sounding dramatic, but Tom Nook and his wonderful friends entered my life at the right fourth dimension, saved my sanity, and allowed me to love something I took for granted; hanging out with my friends. While it felt like my life was on hold, I got to spend nights on my island to brand information technology my ain and give me back my ain agency, and that'due south why it makes it to my list.
Check outDualShockers' review ofAnimal Crossing: New Horizons.
6. Persona five Regal
In 2022 Persona five was my Game of the Year, so to see it on my list in 2022 is no surprise. Atlus managed to build on perfection from the kickoff time information technology released and add many welcomed improvements to the combat, as well every bit new characters to fall in honey with. The music continues to slap difficult, including some of the new tracks that add to the game give it much of its Royal –ness. If you missed out on the original Persona v, this is the definitive version that is a must-play.
Check outDualShockers' review ofPersona 5 Majestic.
5. Bugsnax
This is a game that I was totally ready to write off as a title that had a tricky proper noun and actually fun theme song that people would play for the meme; specially since it was a title that was being given away on PS Plus. I would non believe this was a game that I non only Platinumed twice on PS4 and PS5, but a game that I'thou screaming to the rooftops as a must-play championship yous accept to feel all the way to the stop.
Bugsnax is a super beautiful trapper puzzler with Pokemon Snap qualities while also being a bang-up community builder, with a cast of wonderful characters you become to meet throughout the game. What sends this seemingly child friendly game virtually communicable Bugsnax is its bonkers ending that, subsequently my 2nd playthrough, is completely earned and is an experience that shouldn't exist spoiled for y'all.
Cheque outDualShockers' review ofBugsnax.
4. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
A lot of my list this yr is tied to my emotional land throughout the year, and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales ties to my attachment to my heritage. Growing up living in ii different worlds where a lot of my Italian and Hispanic heritage was absent, this game allowed me to feel celebrated in a way that I oasis't felt before. In the same mode that Miles struggles to find his part equally Spider-Human being, I saw my own own struggles with finding my identify in Hispanic culture.
With gameplay that takes from the already fantasticCuriosity'south Spider-Human being in 2022,Miles Morales refines and distills it to all its best parts. The swinging is all the same a awareness, and the acrobatic gainsay is complemented with the new powers that Miles has, which makes a wonderful new addition to this franchise. In a year filled with PlayStation exclusives,Curiosity'due south Spider-Man: Miles Morales is near the summit of the experiences of the twelvemonth that new PS5 owners should play.
Check outDualShockers' review ofMarvel's Spider-Human being: Miles Morales.
3. Cyberpunk 2077
At first this wasn't going to make my listing because, honestly, the whole situation around its launch (and especially by its direction) is downright icky. But despite that I powered through the game, even with its numerous bugs and crashes. Underneath all that trash, I did manage to find the gem subconscious beneath this game. While information technology's not the gamechanger we were promised, Cyberpunk 2077 is still around the edges of a pretty great feel.
In that location is an interesting and fun narrative inCyberpunk 2077 that shapes around the player, and in that location is a huge amount of exploration to become the V you want to be. I couldn't help but get lost in the game for hours, looking forrad to every new side mission that I came beyond and how that would add together to my experience. I jumped offThe Witcher 3 a while back which, at the time, I was impressed with its side content. Merely for me, it's the world ofCyberpunkand 5 (with their band of misfits) that made this game an adventure that I wanted to meet through to the end. Hopefully in 2022, the story around this game changes and more than people will be able to give it a second chance.
Check outDualShockers' review ofCyberpunk 2077.
two. Final Fantasy VII Remake
Going into Terminal Fantasy VII Remake I didn't know what to await, as it was a major gap in my gaming knowledge. My just experience with Final Fantasy games at this point was Final Fantasy Tactics Accelerate and Final Fantasy Xv. To my surprise, I fundamentally believe that it was to my benefit to feel Final Fantasy Seven Remake without having knowledge of the original game.
As someone who is securely fond of cinema, this video game's presentation and story just captured my heart. I often compare my feelings for this game to how I feel classic Spielberg films. The story has eye, soul, and characters that you will care and then much about. The music is out of this universe and has highs and lows much like how John Williams' scores feel in movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
The new and added twists to the narrative–both for returning fans and for new ones like me–are rewarded greatly by the time the credits outset to curl.Final Fantasy 7 Remake is truly one of my favorite experiences of the twelvemonth, and I'm fifty-fifty more excited for the hereafter chapters in the serial.
Cheque outDualShockers' review ofFinal Fantasy VII Remake.
1. The Final of Us Function II
The story of Joel and Ellie is responsible for my render to video games, and to me The Last of U.s.a. is a masterpiece. For there to come up a sequel to 1 of my favorite games of all-time and possibly claiming my feelings about the original, I truly didn't know what I was set for. But past the fourth dimension the credits rolled and I ended my 30-60 minutes odyssey with Ellie, Dina, Abby, and Lev, I only sat there sunken in my chair, taking in every moment where I needed to finally breathe. Through the tears, the sadness, and the small pockets of cute joy, the range of emotions inThe Last of U.s. Part II enraptured me.
Actually, Abby is the magic play a trick on that Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross managed to pull off. At first, I almost idea in that location wasn't any possible style to make me root for her. Midway through the game when Abby is walking beyond the crane with Lev, I realized that I cared securely virtually a person who earlier in the game murdered someone that I cared every bit much (if not more than) for. From that moment and seeing her intendance for Lev, information technology made me see the adventure that began the game with Ellie as misguided and, ultimately, an countless wheel of violence in the name of love.
One of the major complaints that I have heard most almost this game is that the narrative is something they wished was made into a Tv set testify or a movie. I tin't help to recollect that misses the signal of this being a video game virtually survival and heartache, experiencing that all get-go-hand, and and so making you a office of the narrative. Y'all merely have to feel the hurting and the love to understand it all.
Much similar the first game, if this was the terminal game in the serial and Naughty Dog didn't go on the story from here, I would be content with what the team has accomplished.The Last of Us Part II is my Game of the Year for 2022 because information technology fully immersed me in its story and gameplay. More than importantly, it propelled me to run across it all the way through to the stop and put me in my paces emotionally, and honestly, fabricated me abound a little during my time with information technology.
Cheque out the rest of theDualShockers staff Top 10 lists and our official Game of the Year Awards nominees:
December 23:Lou Contaldi (General Managing director) // Ben Bayliss (Features Editor)
December 24: Grant Huff (Senior Staff Writer) // Camilo Olmedo (Acquaintance Staff Writer)
Dec 25: Kris Cornelisse (Staff Writer) // Ricky Frech (Reviews Editor) // Ryan Meitzler (Editor-in-Chief)
December 26: Michael Ruiz (Contributor) // Mehrdad Khayyat (Senior Staff Writer)
December 27: Sam Woods (SEO Editor) // Peter Szpytek (Video Editor)
December 28: Scott White (Video Editor) // Justin Kucharski (Associate Staff Writer)
December 29: David Gill (Staff Writer) // Allisa James (Senior Staff Writer)
December 30: Rachael Fiddis (News & Civilization Editor) // Cameron Hawkins (Staff Writer) // Charlie Wacholz (Staff Writer)
December 31: Otto Kratky (Executive Editor) // Mario Rivera (Video Manager)
January one: Iyane Agossah (Managing Editor) // Logan Moore (Special Guest)
January iv: Game of the Year Awards 2022 Official Winners Revealed
Have something to tell us about this article?
Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/dualshockers-favorite-games-of-2020-mario-rivera-top-10/
Posted by: brauertiousbactine.blogspot.com

0 Response to "DualShockers' Favorite Games of 2022 -- Mario's Top 10"
Post a Comment